From explosive anger to binge eating and drinking, more of us than ever before are struggling with the consequences of impulsivity.
The Better Self-Control Workbook, written by clinical psychologist Dr Yuliya Richard, sheds light on what impulsive behaviour looks like and what you can do to regain control. Guiding you through a series of practical activities, Dr Richard provides a roadmap to help anyone struggling to overcome impulsivity in their life.
The Many Faces of Impulsivity—Where Do We Begin?
- Binge eating or drinking
- Excessive weight gain
- Experiencing episodes of explosive anger or depression
- Inability to focus
- Craving risks
- Substance abuse
- Inflicting self-pain or attempting suicide
All these actions demonstrate spontaneous and reckless behavior without heeding consequences that might follow.
Satisfying an urge might feel great at the moment. But the more addictions are fed, the more difficult it is to exhibit self-control—eventually leading to distorted perception, unproductiveness, health problems, and damaged relationships.
If you’re concerned about your impulsive tendencies and are searching for practical and effective ways to permanently rid yourself of toxic behaviors, this book presents the core techniques of cognitive behavioral therapy, psychoeducation, and mindfulness on building resilience and control for every occasion.
Better Self-Control Workbook is your trusted guide for creating wholesome and lasting mind habits! Benefit from chapters filled with timeless advice, clinically proven techniques, self-discovery exercises, and illustrated daily scenarios on:
- The ABCs of impulsivity: How your destructive behavior hurts you and others
- Discovering triggers: Cognitive distortion types and their long-term damaging effects
- Gaining a strong sense of ‘self’: 5 steps to mindfulness
- Body scan exercises for reconnecting with your physical self
- One-minute mindfulness meditations for quick mental recuperation
- Breaking old, destructive habits with the STOPP method
- Mental preparation with imagery exposure therapy
- Shifting and expanding your perspective with alternative thinking styles
- Finding authentic sources for inspiration and motivation
- Sustaining your good habit streak
Focus on the next step in your journey instead of rushing to the end. It takes time to reverse self-destructive cycles. With patience and commitment, you’ll soon find yourself regaining your health, restoring relationships, manifesting your goals, and enjoying life with confidence and ease.
Are you ready to truly live for yourself?
Reclaim your life by conquering impulsivity today!
Designed for ongoing use, Better Self-Control Workbook takes a deep dive into the reasons why we act impulsively, sharing proven strategies and techniques to change your thinking for good. If you’re ready to make a change, this guide is ready to support you on the path to a happier and healthier way of life.